A Respected DUI, Professional License and Drug Crime Defense Lawyer in Pittsburgh
More than 25 years of experience as a PA criminal lawyer
Whether you are facing felony or misdemeanor charges, you need a skilled attorney you can trust. Joseph Alexander Paletta, Esq. is a trusted Pittsburgh criminal lawyer who has worked with more than 10,000 clients over the course of his career. He is passionate about fighting for the rights of individuals throughout our community, providing them with counsel and guidance as they address some very difficult issues.
Learn more about the strategies we bring to your case
The law firm of Joseph Alexander Paletta has built a reputation throughout the Pittsburgh area for our competence and dedication when it comes to both criminal law and personal injury law. We take a comprehensive approach, first meeting with you to learn about the details of your case and then conducting a thorough investigation on your behalf. We leverage our years of experience and knowledge of the law to protect your rights at each turn. This means arguing for reduced or dropped charges if you’re facing criminal accusations, or diligently pursuing the compensation you need and deserve from negligent parties and insurance companies after you’ve suffered a personal injury.
Sound counsel across numerous areas of practice
The experienced criminal lawyers at our firm have represented thousands of individuals across our region. We can help you with the following legal challenges:
- DUI and drunk driving — We are well versed in all of Pennsylvania’s DUI laws, and we know the exact procedures law enforcement officers must go through to make a drunk driving arrest. We use this knowledge to assess the circumstances of your case, explore all of your legal options and choose an effective strategy.
- Medical license defense — If you are a medical professional under investigation, let us represent you. We have extensive experience helping doctors, nurses and pharmacists protect their freedom and their careers.
- Drug crimes — Pennsylvania has strict drug laws, and you may face harsh penalties for a conviction, even for possession of a small amount of marijuana. We provide dependable representation for drug charges including possession, manufacturing and distribution.
- Other criminal matters — Our firm handles the full range of criminal defense issues, including cases involving traffic violations, domestic violence, sexual assault and many others.
- Personal injury — When another party causes an accident due to negligence or recklessness, you need to take action as quickly as possible. We help clients pursue rightful damages for undue medical expenses, lost wages from missed work, rehabilitation costs and emotional pain and suffering.
A message from Attorney Joseph Paletta
Good people can make bad choices, but when poor decisions result in criminal charges, you must have a solution. I am Joseph Paletta, a veteran trial lawyer who has represented more than 10,000 clients in more than 25 years of practicing law. Whether your issue is a drug or DUI arrest or a medical license investigation, let me be the solution to your legal problem. Contact my office to discuss the following:
- Avoiding a criminal record through ARD (Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition) and PWV (Probation Without Verdict).
- Talking is harmful to your health, so do not make statements to police. When arrested for DUI, you must not make a statement to anyone — including your own insurance company — before speaking with Attorney Paletta.
- Plea bargains to lesser offenses are available with an experienced negotiator like Attorney Paletta.
- Driver’s license suspensions will likely accompany a drug or DUI conviction.
- DUI checkpoints must fulfill certain legal requirements.
Meet with an experienced criminal lawyer in Pittsburgh, PA
When you’re facing criminal charges or need assistance after a personal injury, time is of the essence. Joseph Alexander Paletta, Esq. advises clients across the entire Pittsburgh area, including McCandless, Ross Township & Mount Lebanon. Set up a consultation today by calling 412-391-7999 or by contacting us online.